quinta-feira, setembro 21, 2006

The other 70% or more


Favelas are everywhere. Over 70% of the Brasilian population lives in poverty, so I am told. Many of them probably live in places like this, small, brick, open holes for windows, built into hillsides, on top of one another, with thin little dirty alleys for streets and paths between then. This one happens to be located just a jump from a 3 lanes in each direction road promising lots of noise and pollution most of the time. Still, that would be better than living on the street, so these people are at least that lucky.

2 comentários:

Unknown disse...

You are wrong!! 70% brasilian population dont live in places like this.

Bahia is one of the poorest places in Brazil.

Your need to travel a bit more, ignorante ¡¡¡¡

AkuTyger disse...

Read the second sentence again, all the way to the end - "so I am told." I don't claim this as a fact, I'm just repeating what I have been told since I've been here. Perhaps it would help to make a side note that perhaps it's just Bahia that this comment applies to. If you want to leave a comment in the future, try not to be rude about it, okay? I know it's the internet, but I still don't appreciate negative energy.