sábado, setembro 09, 2006

O Posto


I remember when I was about 8 and my grandmother drove away from a gas station in GR without her gas cap because she, GASP, had to pump her own gas. I, on the other hand, grew up having to freeze my ass off pumping my own in 20 below February weather, having one hiccup in Jersey where someone always does it for you, which at the time seemed very strange to me. Here you never pump your own gas - it's always done by uniformed gas attendents, which there are many of at each station. I suppose it's to keep you from driving off without paying, considering the price of gas here, or perhaps it's also a safety issue. Sometimes they even do the air in your tires for you, although often it's a street kid or someone of the like who mans that area.

Nenhum comentário: