quinta-feira, agosto 21, 2008

Old and inaccurate

This post has less to do with going ons here, and more to do with good sense and reference. I have always used google maps to look up roads and pictures here - they are more up to date and it's an easy service to use. Today, I tried to do the same with MSN maps. And let me tell you, if you want to find somewhere in Salvador, at least, don't bother using them. The pictures are at least 5 years old (there are whole sections of buildings and roads missing that have been here at least for the last 4 years I have been living here) and their entire "street map" overlay is completely off by about 15 miles, so obviously so that some of them run through the open ocean. According to this map, I live north of Rio Vermelho (20 south west of reality) and Avenida Sete runs through the ocean through Barra. I hope no one out there is actually trying to use these accurately with it being THIS far off...

Nenhum comentário: